Appleby Magna Allotment Society 2019 AGM - Minutes
Full minutes are available on request – please contact Toby on email@example.com
Election of Committee
Chairman: Duncan Eastaugh Secretary: Toby Bird Treasurer: Emma Bird
Additional Committee Members elected AW, KTP, PV & MC
- Thanks given to AW & GP re storage help.
- Site Maintenance. Working weekends to work in communal areas of the allotment site – more input from the allotment community required. More dates given well in advance – need to avoid holiday times!
- Machinery update given and discussed.
- Bulk-discount ordering of seeds.
- Financial report / status (including monies applied for) - accounts presented.
- EB to look into Grant funding to aid with the development/maintenance of the site
- Appleby Parish Council Update.
- Legal action with regards to land encroachment remains ongoing in the hands of the Parish Councils legal representatives. See Parish Council minutes for more details.
- Funding for Mower has been applied for via S106 funding to assist with mowing the communal orchard and other areas of the allotment site.
- Allocations 8 Plots empty, although 5 are at risk from HS2 Construction zone, 1 is being held for access leaving two available. Further plots may become available during the renewal period with two plotholders already having notified the Secretary of their intention to relinquish their plots. One person has approached the Society for a Plot and will view available plots at end of Jan 2020.
- Fees: Decision was taken to leave Fees at same level as last year, with the caveat that if working weekends to maintain the site are not supported, fees will rise by a minimum of 50% next year to allow external contractors to be paid for carrying out the work. Current annual fees Whole plot £25 Half Plot £15
- Bulb Planting: AMPC applied and received a Green Shoots Grant tulip and daffodil flower bulbs to use at the allotment, sites have been identified and bulbs planted over the festive period.
- Family of the late MH requested his Picnic Bench be moved to the communal area to be used by members and visitors.
- Other issues raised during the meeting
- Request from a plot holder to keep bees - discussed at length. Request declined - the AMAS Handbook states that at the direction of the Parish Council as AMAS landlords, no livestock can be kept on plots and bees are explicitly included in that definition.
- Discussion of a Social event in the summer - dates and details to be reviewed and circulated when confirmed. Annual event possibly to be started – perhaps re Apples in Appleby – Community Orchard.
- Discussion of organising a swap of excess plants – or perhaps an honesty box and a table on which to put these plants – to be investigated further.